The hospitality industry is vast and fast-growing. It encapsulates service-centred businesses such as hotels, restaurants, wellness centres, cruises and tourism.
The programme will delve into the service businesses in hospitality and cover overarching areas such as operations, finance, health and safety, work ethics, communication, customer care, supervisory skills and consumer behaviour.
You will also look into contemporary issues related to hospitality, as well as innovation in hospitality.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at EQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at EQF Level 3.
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in an area related to this study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in Hospitality;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- front office manager
- operations supervisor/manager
- customer service manager
You are required to complete all 8 compulsory modules (48 ECTS), and only 2 elective modules out of the proposed 4 (12 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this diploma
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Diploma.
Diploma in Hospitality
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
See what students have to say about our courses
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership