Underpinning Principles of Management
In this unit learners will gain knowledge on the different types of managers and the different functional roles that a manager serves. Learners will familiarise themself with the challenges that a manager faces as well as comprehend the functions, roles and dimensions of management including reference to Fayol’s 14 Principles. Learners will gain knowledge on managing resources such as prioritising work, optimising resources, managing, and developing talent. Learners will also develop a critical understanding on managing people and teams
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at EQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at EQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals seeking a management career within the retail industry;
• those working in management positions within retail or retail-related industries, and who wish to refine and improve their competencies and skills.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
• retail manager
• visual merchandiser
• supply chain manager
• finance and accounting
• sales manager
• marketing manager
• commercial manager
• retail consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This programme may be followed both on a full-time or a part-time basis. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures;
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.