This module delves into the tools needed to manage, lead and motivate workers within the setting of a construction site. It will take you through strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group and effectively manage and communicate with project stakeholders.
You will also explore critical topics such as problem solving, decision making and resolving conflict.
Candidates who apply for this module must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one A-level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (O-Level or equivalent);
- 2 years of working experience related to the industry.
This course is targeted at:
- professionals within the construction industry and other individuals aspiring for professional and academic advancement in site management;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The course is suitable for students who are new to the industry, as well as those who wish to obtain a Level 5 qualification and possibly pursue further academic pathways for experienced professionals in the field.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- site manager
- site management executive
- site health and safety officer
- site project manager
- site project assistant
- site supervisor
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The module comprises:
- 6 lectures;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.