People Management and Negotiation Skills
This module covers the tools to manage, lead and motivate workers in the retail settings. This module provides participants with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to negotiate as well as lead a team and effectively manage and communicate with other retail stakeholders.
The participants will also explore critical diagnostic skills such as problem solving, decision making, and resolving conflicts.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at EQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at EQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals seeking a management career within the retail industry;
• those working in management positions within retail or retail-related industries, and who wish to refine and improve their competencies and skills.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
• retail manager
• visual merchandiser
• supply chain manager
• finance and accounting
• sales manager
• marketing manager
• commercial manager
• retail consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This programme may be followed both on a full-time or a part-time basis. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures;
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.