Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Entrepreneurship is the development of a business idea, and the task of an entrepreneur is to give life to this idea from scratch. An entrepreneur needs to be an all-rounder since s/he must have good business acumen, have the ability to recognize the right opportunity and also be familiar with business tools which will aid him in his/her endeavor. An entrepreneur needs to also have good leadership skill as well as the ability to choose and train people for the various roles. A good entrepreneur also needs to know his market since if the service or product one is selling fails the business will be in trouble. Therefore, such a unit is essential in the life of any professional since even though one might not have his/her own business, a manager needs to cater for all this as well as look for and create business opportunities for own company or organisation.Page Break
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at EQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at EQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals seeking a management career within the retail industry;
• those working in management positions within retail or retail-related industries, and who wish to refine and improve their competencies and skills.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
• retail manager
• visual merchandiser
• supply chain manager
• finance and accounting
• sales manager
• marketing manager
• commercial manager
• retail consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This programme may be followed both on a full-time or a part-time basis. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures;
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.