Learners will gain knowledge on the major areas of finance, the managerial finance function and role of financial management. Learners will familiarise themselves with financial statements and their purpose as well as critically assess the nature of costs i.e., direct, indirect, sunk and opportunity cost. In addition, learners will become familiar with the time value of money. Learners will gain knowledge on capital structure and comprehend the relationship between profit and cash flow and the interpretation of the cash flow statement.Page Break
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at EQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at EQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals seeking a management career within the retail industry;
• those working in management positions within retail or retail-related industries, and who wish to refine and improve their competencies and skills.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
• retail manager
• visual merchandiser
• supply chain manager
• finance and accounting
• sales manager
• marketing manager
• commercial manager
• retail consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This programme may be followed both on a full-time or a part-time basis. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures;
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.