6 Credits (ECTS)
This module is designed for learners who want and need to gain understanding of research approaches and skills and gain an ability to deploy research methods in their studies or in professional lives. In particular, this module will aid those who have to conduct research as part of their postgraduate studies and it is for those who feel they would like additional support for self-improvement.
This module is a comprehensive introduction to research methods and will cover broad topics: the fundamentals of doing research, research methods, research design, data collection, and data analysis. In discussing each topic, the ethical implications of research will be covered. Research is a craft, and like any other craft, it takes practice to do it well. Therefore, this module places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises. Learners will have opportunity to learn by doing in all aspects of the course—in class meetings, online classroom, and out-of-class assignments.
No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related elderly care and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The target group covers, but is not limited to:
- care home managers and directors;
- personnel involved in the administration of care to the elderly;
- welfare officers;
- human resources and operations managers involved in the administration of care for the elderly;
- middle management (such as. senior care workers etc.);
- personnel involved in family counselling and counselling of the elderly;
- medical doctors;
- allied health professionals, such as physiotherapists, dieticians etc.
The programme aims to prepare you for middle to senior-level posts within the elderly care industry, such as: the manager/director of an elderly care home or the chief executive officer, chief financial officer, or human resources manager of an elderly care home.
It is designed to improve the prospect of employment and career progression in areas including, but not limited, to:
- community/social services agencies for the elderly;
- religious organisations which provide care for the elderly;
- healthcare and long-term care agencies and institutions (state and private).
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Elderly Care Management as presented in this brochure costs $9,350.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.