6 Credits (ECTS)
This module is designed for learners who want and need to gain understanding of research approaches and skills and gain an ability to deploy research methods in their studies and/or in professional lives. In particular, this module will guide the students on the way to go about their dissertation as part of their postgraduate studies and it is for those who feel they would like additional support for self-improvement.
This module is a comprehensive introduction to research methods and will cover broad topics: the fundamentals of doing research, research methods, research design, data collection, and data analysis. In discussing each topic, the ethical implications of research will be covered. Research is a craft, and like any other craft, it takes practice to do it well. Therefore, this module places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises. Learners will have opportunity to learn by doing in all aspects of the course—in class meetings, online classroom, and out-of-class assignments.
No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures;
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.