6 Credits (ECTS)
Project Contracts, Procurement and Quality Management
This module will furnish members of a project team or team leaders with the essential skills and techniques required to manage and administer the project contracts life cycle from the procurement requirement and requisition phase to the award stage. Studying this course will help gather essential skills to effectively manage the various procurement cycles related to requirement and requisition, solicitation, and award to ensure projects are implemented on time, on budget and to stipulated quality (i.e. specifications).
Quality is given specific emphasis in this course to provide project team members or team leaders with the essential skills and techniques related to the various approaches to achieve quality improvements, particularly the ISO 9000 quality management standard(s). The course participants will gain knowledge and comprehend the various quality management concepts regarding cost of quality, quality audits, quality control tools, attaining quality leadership, and implementing the Six Sigma approach as a means of achieving total quality management.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.