6 Credits (ECTS)
This module will furnish participants with the essential skills and techniques required to conduct cost-volume profit analysis for undertaken projects using various approaches and compute the profit volume ratio, margin of safety and operating gearing for single and multi-product environments, including operating leverage. This module will also provide the essential skills and tools needed to conduct decision making using relevant costs and revenue for various scenarios related to special pricing, capacity constraints, equipment replacement and outsourcing. Participants will also develop skills to resolve decision making under conditions of risk and uncertainty. This module will also enable participants to develop the necessary skills and apply various tools to conduct standard costing and variance analysis for the project activities undertaken to ensure that the project budget constraints are adhered to.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures;
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.