6 Credits (ECTS)
ICT and Social Media
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is a set of diverse technologies which enable users to create, access, disseminate, store, manage, and communicate information in a digital format. Although ICT and social media are conceptually different, they are intertwined and inextricably connected. They converge when mobilised or employed as means to bringing about social impact and change.
This module focuses on ICT and its applications from a socio-technical perspective; in particular, the impact of ICTs on culture, community and society. You will be taking an in-depth look at the relationship between media, ICT and human behaviour, as well as examine how public organisations can capitalise on social media and ICT to support their effectiveness.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one A-level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (O-level or equivalent).
Peference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- professionals within the public sector aspiring for professional and academic advancement in public management and governance;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career;
- other individuals who would find this programme suitable for their academic and professional path.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- executive secretary
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Diploma in Public Management and Governance as presented in this brochure costs €4,950.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.