6 Credits (ECTS)
Human Resources and Project Management
This module will furnish members of a project team or team leaders with the essential skills and techniques required to develop their leadership and management capabilities and potential in implement successful projects. It will also allow participants to develop work commitment skills to ensure that project team members identify themselves with the project being undertaken. Studying this course will help gather essential skills to effectively manage projects by employing correct communication techniques, and effective team member involvement in implementing the projects. Moreover, the course will enable participants to develop project management training plans to ensure that the organisation has an adequate training programme for its project implementation teams.
The course will also enable project team members to understand and appreciate the project management organisational information flow processes to ensure the smooth implementation of projects, particularly by facilitating various project related monitoring activities. This will provide the fundamental basis for ascertaining and appraising the critical data set that should be maintained by the organisation related to the implementation of projects, particularly project knowledge management.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures;
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.