6 Credits (ECTS)
Elderly Care Application
To ensure that students are equipped with the knowledge, skills and competences necessary to practice as a competent professional providing elderly care service, the student is required to do Work Placements in Elderly Care setting.
The main goal of the Work Placement is providing students with an opportunity to practice and apply what they have learned during the programme.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
- candidates seeking a career and a formal qualification in elderly care;
- candidates from healthcare settings seeking to upgrade their academic pathway with a focus on providing elderly care;
- candidates who wish to progress in their studies along the further and higher education route, whilst broadening their chances of advancing in their own career path.
This programme aims to prepare you for caregiver/caregiver supervisory roles, in line with the National Occupational Standards for Elderly Care.
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates