30 Credits (ECTS)
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to the healthcare industry and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The programme is mainly targeted at:
- nurses and midwives;
- nursing managers;
- ward managers;
- clinic/department managers;
- social workers;
- professionals allied to medicine, such as paramedics;
- staff within the pharmaceutical and medical devices industries;
- general managers without clinical qualifications.
The programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of chief executive officer, managing director or head of department of any healthcare entity such as a hospital, clinic or ward, amongst others.
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Healthcare Management and Leadership as presented in this brochure costs $9,350.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.