30 Credits (ECTS)
The dissertation is a compulsory element of the M.Sc. in Air Transport Management.
The aim of it is to produce an original piece of research work on a clearly defined topic. Additionally, it would enable the student to develop deeper knowledge, understanding, capabilities and attitudes in the context of the programme of study.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree and 3 years’ work experience,
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma, and 5 years’ work experience in a managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to air transport management, and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the air transport industry.
This course is targeted at local market groups and their foreign counterparts:
- Cockpit crew (pilots), primarily the Air Malta cohort and the Ryanair base crew;
- Malta International Airport staff;
- MATS staff (air traffic controllers);
- MRO staff (maintenance, repair and overhaul, including Lufthansa Technik, SR Technics and Medavia).
The programme aims to prepare you for middle to senior-level posts in the air transport industry, such as: senior operations manager, sales manager, project manager, head of department and managing director of any air transport organisation, both in the private and public sector.
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Air Transport Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.