6 Credits (ECTS)
Critical Appraisal of the Aging Process
The aim of this module is to provide an analysis of the ageing process and factors that contribute to the physical decline. Learners will also develop a greater understanding of pathological conditions associated with ageing and associated care and treatment available to help with pathological conditions. They will also be exposed to exploring their own contribution and role in promoting healthy ageing.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related elderly care and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The target group covers, but is not limited to:
- care home managers and directors;
- personnel involved in the administration of care to the elderly;
- welfare officers;
- human resources and operations managers involved in the administration of care for the elderly;
- middle management (such as. senior care workers etc.);
- personnel involved in family counselling and counselling of the elderly;
- medical doctors;
- allied health professionals, such as physiotherapists, dieticians etc.
The programme aims to prepare you for middle to senior-level posts within the elderly care industry, such as: the manager/director of an elderly care home or the chief executive officer, chief financial officer, or human resources manager of an elderly care home.
It is designed to improve the prospect of employment and career progression in areas including, but not limited, to:
- community/social services agencies for the elderly;
- religious organisations which provide care for the elderly;
- healthcare and long-term care agencies and institutions (state and private).
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Elderly Care Management as presented in this brochure costs $9,350.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.