6 Credits (ECTS)
Contemporary Developments in Project Management
This module will furnish members of a project team or team leaders with the essential skills and latest emerging tools and techniques related to Project Management in a modern environment. Course participants will develop their skills and competencies by examining the project management maturity model and learn to develop effective procedural documentation and examine project management competency models with the aim of implementing continuous improvement concepts, particularly in capacity planning. This module will also furnish course participants with the skills and techniques related to critical chain project management related to task estimates and managing the execution of a critical chain project for enhancing the critical path.
Course participants will also enhance their skills and use of techniques in managing projects by learning the concepts related to the establishment of the Projects Office and how this will help in the management of large, complex and high risk projects, particularly in areas such as, project management networking and related information systems; the dissemination of information; benchmarking and the risks associated with the project office concept.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures;
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.