6 Credits (ECTS)
Building Services Technology
Most buildings constructed today require engineering technology to ensure the efficient provision of a wide-range of services associated with the efficient use of energy, building safety, user comfort and convenience and a host of other regulatory, commercial and owner needs.
This module will provide an introduction to the various services typically provided within buildings and how quantity surveying applies to such services.
- Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in a field related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals aspiring to work as quantity surveyors;
- individuals who wish to advance their education and gain in depth knowledge and skills related to quantity surveying;
- individuals already working in the field of quantity surveying who would like to obtain a qualification in quantity surveying.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- quantity surveyor
- commercial/residential surveyor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 42 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 25 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Quantity Surveying as presented in this brochure costs $9,900.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
Certificate in Quantity Surveying: $2,200
Diploma in Quantity Surveying: $4,400
Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying: $6,600
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.