This course intended to expose students to the structures and mechanisms of the insurance market and the various types of general and long-term insurance contracts and the principles underlying them. It also covers some important related areas including Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance, financial aspects, and more modern considerations in the industry. Additional relevant knowledge is provided to provide students with managerial, operational, analytical and research skills which are required of insurance professionals.
Focus is placed on providing students with a solid foundation for the study of Insurance. Students will be exposed to fundamental principles across core disciplines in insurance, risk management and finance. Additionally, students will be able covering study units from the areas of Business Management, Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance and Management.
The structure of this qualification is such that students will acquire accredited qualifications following the completion of each year of study, from diploma to higher diploma to degree level, while providing the students a good basis upon which they may wish to independently sit for CII examinations upon review of the relevant study material.
Candidates who apply for this course will possess:
- A related qualification at MQF Level 4 and/or
- One ‘A’ Level or equivalent and a pass in English Language*, Mathematics, and/or Business Studies at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
- Preference will be given to applicants possessing two ‘A’ level passes or equivalent*
- Preference will also be given to applicants having 1 year work experience related to the study
- In the case of mature students who do not possess all the formal required academic qualifications, then the RPL process could be applied such that if evidence of equivalent learning is found then the applicant could still be accepted in the course. Such RPL process will subject applicants to an interview held with a board of experts within the field, chosen specifically by IDEA Academy, so as to verify their experiences and prior
*Students whose first language is not English and do not possess an ‘O’ level pass in English Language will be required to demonstrate English language capability at IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent.
*Should applicants not satisfy this requirement, but have reasonable experience, they would then be interviewed by the Admissions Board.
This course is targeted at:
- Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in
- Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of career paths within the insurance
- Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate insurance related
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- Claims: Claims Handler Surveyor, Claims Executives
- Insurance Compliance Officer
You are required to complete all 10 compulsory modules to fulfil the requirements of this diploma.
The Principles of Insurance and the Insurance Ecosystem
General Insurance Business: An Overview
Introduction to Risk Management
Principles of Life Insurance and Pensions
Introduction to Investments and Finance
An Introduction to Underwriting and Claims
Insurance Business and Finance
Operations and Customer Service in Insurance
Introduction to Corporate Governance
Applied Critical Thinking
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Diploma.
Diploma in Insurance Studies
How you’ll be assessed
The programme comprises a total of 10 modules.
Methods of assessment depend on the module and can be assessed in various modes.
Course Intake Dates
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership