6 Credits (ECTS)
Managing Sustainable Construction
This module aims to develop students’ understanding of the meaning of sustainability and sustainability management in the context of the built environment and the needs of sustainable environment and infrastructure. Managing Sustainable Construction module prepares students to deal the day-to-day challenges of implementing innovative and sustainable building solutions, technologies and mitigation by covering the theoretical and methodological basis of approaches designed to quantify the impacts associated with choices made at different stages of the construction life cycle, as well as tools designed to evaluate relative environmental and sustainability performance.
- Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in a field related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals aspiring to work as quantity surveyors;
- individuals who wish to advance their education and gain in depth knowledge and skills related to quantity surveying;
- individuals already working in the field of quantity surveying who would like to obtain a qualification in quantity surveying.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- quantity surveyor
- commercial/residential surveyor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 42 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 25 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Quantity Surveying as presented in this brochure costs $9,900.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
Certificate in Quantity Surveying: $2,200
Diploma in Quantity Surveying: $4,400
Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying: $6,600
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.