6 Credits (ECTS)
Knowledge Acquisition, Representation and Management
The preservation, dissemination, creation, and sharing of knowledge has gained considerable importance in contemporary times. Research has shown that organizations appreciate the value of managing knowledge activities for gaining competitive advantage. This course explores the nature of knowledge and how it can be captured and shared across a working community and an organization. The course provides a comprehensive view of how knowledge operates in an organization by focusing on learning processes at individual, group and organizational levels. Further, the course develops an understanding of knowledge society, nature of knowledge work, learning & knowledge processes and the role of ICT in facilitating knowledge-intensive work processes.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree related to AI/Computer-Science/Mathematics/Electronics;
- a Level 6 degree not related to AI/Computer Science/Mathematics/Electronics and a minimum of two years’ relevant experience;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and five years’ of relevant work experience.
This course is targeted at:
- Industry professionals working in different domains, including Technology, Engineering, Science, IT, Finance, Accountancy, Management, Marketing, Insurance, Banking, Gaming, Healthcare, Medicine, Pharmaceutical, Human Resources, Psychology, Blockchain, Legal, Administration, Policy Making, Digital Art, Archaeology, Architecture, Education and other related areas.
- Recent graduates with degrees in Computer Science, Technology, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Management, HR, Law, Engineering, Science, Medicine, Psychology, Digital Art, Game Development, Archaeology, Architecture or Business.
- Mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The target group may also be extended to positions such as that of wedding manager, transport manager, maintenance manager, operations manager, marketing manager, conference manager and even that of general manager.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence consultant
- Data/ risk/ investment /business analyst
- HR support systems manager
- Compliance (gaming) manager
It will also prepare you to work for any companies wanting to utilise and/or who are using AI in their operations.
Potential employers include industrial sectors, such as: Financial Services, Accounting and Auditing Services, Tax Services, Strategy, Consultation, Digital, Technology and Operations, amongst others.
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Artificial Intelligence as presented in this brochure costs $11,550.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.