6 Credits (ECTS)
Financial Services Law
This module aims to provide you with an overview of the fundamental concepts relating to financial law. Students studying Financial Management should be knowledgeable about such concepts, especially in light of the market developments within both national and international financial markets.
This module focuses on the EU legislation and regulations related to the financial sector. However, it also provides an opportunity for you to investigate Maltese legislation as applicable.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma in a discipline related to finance or equivalent, and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role within the sector.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to finance and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The course is targeted at:
- professionals seeking a career in the financial services industry.
- professionals already working in finance who are aiming to move into banking, corporate finance, financial analysis and/or investment/portfolio management.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- financial analyst
- senior finance manager
- finance director
- chief financial officer
- risk manager
- portfolio manager
- investment manager
- fund manager
- compliance manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Finance Management as presented in this brochure costs $10,450.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.**
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in the UAE at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.