6 Credits (ECTS)
Development of Fashion and Costume
The aim of this module is the student’s acquisition of a critical-stylistic investigation methodology for the iconographic interpretation of the costume, intended as a formal and symbolic expression of aesthetic, social and economic changes.
The lessons traces the history of costume and its transformations, starting from the origins up to the 90s, with some historical and artistic references, fundamental to understand the evolution of style, and to have a global vision of the fashion phenomenon.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to fashion and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management in fashion.
The target group covers, but is not limited to:
- professionals seeking a career in the fashion industry;
- professionals already working in the fashion industry who aim to gain a postgraduate qualification and a specialisation in Fashion Management, Fashion Sustainability or Fashion Marketing;
- Level 6 graduates interested in strengthening both their professional and academic credentials, thus preparing them for a higher-level qualification.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- fashion marketing and brand manager;
- product manager;
- fashion events manager;
- fashion advertising manager;
- design studio manager/managing director.
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Business of Fashion as presented in this brochure costs $11,550.*
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.